Saturday, August 1, 2009

OMG the watermelon is growing!


I started the watermelon from seed as the seedlings roots systems were to fragile. I won't start those indoor next year. The same goes for peas. Anyway, it didn't take long for the watermelon to sprout, but the plant has been touch and go for a while. Honestly, I wasn't worried about it and thought if it grows great if not I am okay with that. On my morning walk out to the garden, I noticed the watermelon vine found it's way through the chicken wire and 'out' of the raised bed. THEN to my surprise I noticed a small watermelon. As you can see in the pic, it is too darn gone cute!!!! I took this picture a couple weeks ago and now the size is comparable to a large plum. My girls are very excited and LOVE watermelon. I hope to have more than one so mommy can make sangria with it, which was introduced to me on a recent trip to Washington DC. YUMMY!

Yours truly,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment